Home News 5 Months Old Baby dies in Lagos Inferno, a Day after Dedication

5 Months Old Baby dies in Lagos Inferno, a Day after Dedication

32
0
SHARE

Yesterday, an early morning inferno caused by a cooking stove placed closed to a power generating set has led to the loss of a 5 months old baby, barely a day after dedication.

According to an eyewitness account, the sudden fire outbreak razed a storey building at 28, Adeyoola Street Kola Bus-Stop, Agbado, a 24 rooms apartment, destroying properties worth millions of naira and rendering its over 100 occupants homeless, not sparing the life of an innocent baby.

A resident who narrated the story, noted that a woman was cooking inside the room, with a generator set inside the house alongside her 5 months old baby.

“She went outside to wash the rice she wanted to pour in the pot, and before she returned, the room had caught fire. She couldn’t raise alarm on time, due to the shock, until the fire escalated, the baby burnt beyond recognition and the first floor of the house got burnt”.

Officials of the fire service and LASEMA were on ground to put out the fire, and residents have since been asked to evacuate the house owing to the notice of cracks on the wall due to the fire.

Residents however urged the relevant authorities to come to their aide as they have nowhere to call a home.

Photo credit: Lanre Adesanya

Facebook Comments

comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here