Nigeria’s former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai has faulted claims made against APC Presidential candidate, General Muha
mmadu Buhari, in a documentary broadcast on one of Nigeria’s private TV stations, the African Independent Television, (AIT), which he tagged, “AIT/GEJ Lied To Nigerians.”
Mallam El-Rufai , a former Director of General of Nigeria’s privatization agency BPE, who remains an active voice on social-political matters in the country, took to social media early Wednesday, to counter claims raised in AIT’s documentary “The Real Buhari”— reflecting a negative personae of the ex-military head of state, while in government.
Malam El-Rufai cited nine cases, of erroneous claims and misleading allegations against the main opposition party leader, indicting President Goodluck Jonathan as a peddler of lies, even as media reports have alleged that a sum of N5million naira was paid to the television station to air the documentary, a few days to the Presidential elections.
Documentary: The Lies Of AIT/GEJ
AIT/GEJ Lied To Nigerians
- Fela NEVER mentioned Buhari in $N2.8B scandal. He mentioned OBJ. AIT edited that part off.
- Buhari did not expel Ghanians from Nigeria. Shagari of the NPN did. AIT made a FALSE assertion.
- Gloria Okon did not disappear under Buhari it was under IBB and Dele Giwa was murdered for it.
- GEJ went so low to bring Buhari’s daughters into politics. Can one use Dame’s inability to bear a child as a campaign issue?
- Fela’s mother the GREAT Funmilayo Kuti died after OBJ Kalakuta in 1978 Buhari came into power in 1984.
- All Politicians that was sentenced to prison by the 1984 Military Tribunal were found to either enrich themselves with public funds or diverted public funds. Non were convicted by fiat
- GEJ and AIT went after Buhari’s late wife and daughter. How low and desperate can Jonathan get?
- AIT/GEJ alleged that Buhari has been losing since 1999. This is a lie. Buhari’s first shot was in 2003. In 1999 Chief Olu Falae of ANPP/AD contested against Obj.
- AIT/GEJ criticised Buhari for Heading PTF Board. Whereas, PTF is till date the most successful parastatal ever in Nigeria. Through PTF, the Amazon Dora Akunyili was known.
El-Rufai concludes by saying The AIT documentary on Buhari will not make him less popular.
The documentary which has attracted mixed reactions from Nigerians, especially political supporters of the APC leader who view it as a desperate move by President Jonathan’s ruling party, the PDP, to swing waning political following in his favour of the incumbent, ahead of the February 14 presidential election.