The Confederation of African Football has stated that the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations will not be moved from January.
Following its decision, CAF has given Morocco till Saturday to decide whether or not they will host as planned.
Morocco is pushing for a postponement over fears of the deadly Ebola virus.
Morocco has been asked by CAF to “clarify their position” by the 8th of November, the said deadline which applies to countries who might want to be substitute hosts.
Information says that a final decision will be made on 11th of November as CAF would meet in Cairo, Egypt to take necessary decisions regarding the finals.
The meeting in Rabat was set up for last month following an advise from its health ministry that hosting the 16-team tournament posed a risk of the spread of the deadly virus, which has killed about 5,000 people – mostly in Africa.
Plainly the notion was rejected by CAF insisting the three-week tournament go ahead as scheduled.
Anticipating the possibility Morocco’s government would stand firm, CAF have since asked seven countries if they might be able to step in as emergency hosts at short notice.
“It should be noted that since the first edition in 1957, no Africa Cup of Nations has ever been a postponed or deferred,” a statement from the Cairo-based organisation said last month after news of Morocco’s request first broke.
There’s been no record of the Ebola virus in Morocco.