Ace rapper Wiz Khalifa who came to limelight with his hit track “Black and Yellow” is not just your regular celebrity. The weed-loving emcee, who turns 28 years old today, born Cameron Jibril Thomaz, has shown steady progression in the music game and is now considered to be one of the hottest rappers in the music industry. Today, the Taylor gang, and I, celebrate him and we are sharing 10 facts you didn’t know about the star rapper.
1)His birth name is not Wiz Khalifa: Of course he wasn’t born and Christened Wiz Khalifa, his real name is Cameron Jibril Thomaz and he has a son called Sebastian Taylor Thomaz by his baby mama Amber Rose
2) His father served in the Military: Wiz’s dad served in the military and it caused Wiz and his family to move to many places before settling down in Pittsburgh. After being born in North Dakota, Wiz and his folks moved to Germany, England, Japan, and later made their way to the Steel City where Khalifa grew up for the majority of his life.
3) He’s always had an affinity for tattoos: As a young boy, Wiz Khalifa aspired to have his whole body covered in tattoos. He said:
“Even before I got my first tattoo, since I was young, I knew that I wanted to be covered. I just plotted out what I felt and put it on my body to sort of tell my story,” he told Interview. “I still leave little places and spaces to add stuff. I want to be getting tattoos forever. I don’t want to run out of space while I’m young. I just really want my tattoos to be meaningful.”
4) He uses the bathroom to go on stage: In Us weekly’s top 25 facts, Wiz khalifa himself stated that he liked to use the bathroom before going on stage.
5) His hit song Black and Yellow was written because of the Steelers: He told MTV when the song was released that he hoped it would become an anthem for the club. When Steeler fans embraced ‘Black and Yellow’ as the team advanced to the Super Bowl in February, it was no accident – Wiz planned it that way. Several months later, he found himself performing the song prior to the AFC Championship Game, and the track reached No. 1 during Super Bowl week.
6) He’s afraid of spiders: Wiz Khalifa actually admitted to Us magazine that he is afraid of spiders. He’s such a manly man.
7) His mom supported him smoking weed: Wiz started smoking at a young age and still remembers his first time. “I got really stoned. I thought I was asleep but I was awake. I was a little bit younger than I should’ve been,” he said. “My dad didn’t like it. My mom didn’t care. After a while, they saw it wasn’t affecting anything. I was still productive.” He added with a laugh, “My mom smoked weed, so she just wanted in.”
8) If you’re a Wiz Khalifa fan, you’re in the Taylor gang: “Taylor Gang or die” is the motto of Wiz’s crew, Taylor Gang, which, depending on which story you believe, was either named after Khalifa’s Taylor Allderdice High School or the Chuck Taylor shoes he wears. “Taylor Gang is the movement, it’s the lifestyle,” he said. “It’s me and my crew, but it’s the fans who support me as well. We all rep Taylor Gang together.”
9) He’s an extrovert: In a 2014 fun facts edition for Us Weekly, Khalifa revealed that he is an extrovert who prefers having people around him at all times. PopCrush claims that Khalifa’s sociable personality stemmed from his childhood that involved him moving around the world and constantly being exposed to different people and different cultures.
10) His drinks of choice are non-alcoholic: Wiz previously revealed to Us Weekly that he loves drinking a lot of apple juice and drinks a lot of coffee throughout the day.