Home Sports Football Gossip: Who made £110M bid for Ronaldo, Berahino to withdraw strike...

Football Gossip: Who made £110M bid for Ronaldo, Berahino to withdraw strike threat

211
0
SHARE

Paris St-Germain had a £110m bid for Real Madrid striker Cristiano Ronaldo, 30, rejected on transfer deadline day. (Daily Express via Globo Esporte) 

West Brom’s 22-year-old forward Saido Berahino, who was the subject of several bids from Tottenham in the summer transfer window, is set to withdraw his strike threat and will return to training this week. (Daily Mirror) 

West Brom boss Tony Pulis says Berahino will play for the Baggies again and will take the striker and his mother out to dinner on Monday night following talks with the club.(Daily Mail) 

Karim Benzema has reiterated he is happy at Real Madrid and says there was never any truth in speculation he was planning to leave the club in the summer. Arsenal had been strongly linked with the 27-year-old French striker. (Evening Standard) 

Manchester United are keen to bring Borussia Dortmund forward Marco Reus, 26, to Old Trafford. The deal could involve United winger Adnan Januzaj, 20, turning his loan with the Bundesliga club into a permanent move. (Daily Star) 

Former Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp has fuelled speculation about his next job in management by admitting he may not join an “absolute top club”. (Liverpool Echo, via Bild)

Newcastle United turned down the chance to sign 26-year-old QPR striker Charlie Austin on transfer deadline day.(Evening Chronicle) 

Kevin De Bruyne’s dad has admitted his son may well take special pleasure in scoring against Chelsea for his new club Manchester City. Attacking midfielder De Bruyne, 24, was sold to Wolfsburg by the Blues in January 2014. (Daily Star) 

Manchester United midfielder Nick Powell, 21, is set to return to training after undergoing knee surgery in February. (Manchester Evening News) 

Wales manager Chris Coleman says his team would love to take on England in a friendly before the European Championships in France next summer. (Sun – subscription required) 

England manager Roy Hodgson says he will experiment with his team in their final three European Championship qualifiers after securing qualification with a 6-0 victory over San Marino . (Daily Mail) 

Hodgson has also admitted he is concerned that strikers Danny Welbeck, 24, and Daniel Sturridge, 26, may not be fit enough to play for England at Euro 2016. (Daily Mirror) 

Arsenal and England winger Theo Walcott, 26, has suggested that young English players should get first-team experience by playing lower down the leagues. (Daily Telegraph) 

Manchester United striker Anthony Martial, 19, has been impressing in training with the French national team and could start their friendly match against Serbia on Monday. (Daily Mail)

Facebook Comments

comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.