Lemongrass is a herb that has a citrus smell and taste.
It is commonly used in many Asian dishes, and also typically made into an herbal drink.
Lemongrass is a stalky plant, it is known for its medicinal properties.
This plant is rich in essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins A and C, calcium, magnesium, iron, folate, zinc, potassium, copper, phosphorus, manganese, and traces of B vitamins.
This plant can give you the following health benefits:
1. Lemongrass is referred to as “fever grass” because of its fever-reducing ability.
Drinking this tea can naturally and effectively soothe and lower fevers.
2 This plant relieves cold and flu, If you have colds, coughs, flu, sinus issues, and bronchial asthma, drink lemongrass tea.
Lemongrass can also relieve these respiratory disorders.
3. This plant helps to fight inflammation, too much inflammation is the main causes of many diseases.
It can worsen your aches, pains, and headaches if you already have these.
A cup of this lemongrass tea can help relieve chronic inflammation and the pain that typically comes with it.
4. it is good for nerves systems because it has a calming effect.
Drinking lemongrass tea can help fight anxiety, it is also a good sleeping drink
If you can’t sleep, drink a cup of lemongrass tea, it will help relieve your nerves and muscles.
5. It lowers cholesterol, drinking lemongrass tea can help lower high cholesterol levels.
6. Drinking lemongrass tea on a regular basis can help prevent infections and diseases as lemongrass can help fight pathogens.
It can help prevent infections such as candida, scabies, ringworm, urinary tract infections, and infections from cuts or sores.
7. Anti-microbial and anti-fungal, getting infected by pathogens could potentially result in infections, gastrointestinal issues, and other microbial health problems.
8. Lemongrass tea can help regulate blood sugar levels because of a compound called citral.
Accord to Research it has shown that this compound can help maintain optimal insulin levels and promote better glucose tolerance in the body.
It will protect against sugar imbalances and Type 2 diabetes.
9. Studies have shown that lemongrass can help prevent cancer without harming healthy cells.
This benefit can be attributed to its compound known as citral and its ability to fight inflammation.
10. Consuming this tea is one way to cleanse the body internally.
It helps to eliminate toxins and waste products from the body, enhancing the health of the kidneys, bladder, and liver.