Learning to love yourself starts with making a conscious decision. When you do not love yourself and suffer from low self-esteem, it is almost impossible to reach the potential that you suspect you have.
1. Trust yourself: have confidence in your abilities, know that you have the ability to make important changes for yourself and as long as you put your heart to it, it will work.
2. Fall in love with yourself: love yourself for all the good that you see and accept your flaws and the fact that you are imperfect. Look in the mirror and fall in life with your reflection
3. Always be truthful to yourself: loving yourself requires you to be truthful about your own feelings, if you are happy, acknowledge the joy if you are sad, acknowledge the sorrow. This provides a great guide to what your thought is.
4. Boost your self-confidence: make a deliberate attempt to look for opportunities that can help improve your confidence.
For instance, if you are particularly good at doing something, set aside more time to indulge and improve your skills on it.
5. Protect yourself: when you love yourself, you’re much less willing to let someone take advantage of you or to have toxic people in your life.
Refuse to be the kind of person who desperately wants to be loved, someone that they’ll put up with anything in a relationship.
6. Make positive affirmations every day: Reframe your mind with positive affirmations. For instance, say this to yourself “I love and accept myself completely and unconditionally”