Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic has completed his move toJuventus.
The Croatian star came through his medical on Monday morning, and in the afternoon put pen to paper on a four-year contract with the club.
The transfer had been agreed last week, with the reported fee of €19 million rising to a potential €26m.
On arriving in Turin, Manduzkic spoke to local reporters – and pledged “to fight for my new team.
“This is now my new home – don’t worry, I will give it my best,” he added.
He also said, “I like the city and I hope I will be happy here.”
Coach Max Allegri spoke about the Croatian as a done deal before the weekend.
“It’s not that we have to replace Carlod Tevez, but rather sign players and evaluate the playing style,” said Allegri.
“Mandzukic has arrived, we have Simone Zaza, Kingsley Coman, Alvaro Morata and Paulo Dybala – all young players of great quality.
“Mandzukic scored goals in every League, has strong character, is of an international level and will do well. We signed Mandzukic because we specifically wanted him. He’s a great player and I am very happy.”
The striker’s move gives him a very strange distinction: three times he has been signed by the losers of the Champions League final, having moved to Bayern Munich in 2012, Atletico Madrid in 2014 and now Juventus.