A crazy person is one who is psychotic bipolar or just plain not normal such that they would flip and react extraordinarily at the slightest issues. Such people, when you break up with them, will go completely overboard in their reactions.
Like all bad things, prevention is better than cure. So, here are a few ways to avoid ever being in a crazy ex situation.
1) Avoid emotionally needy people.
Craziness will crop up when a person is not able to let go. Before going into a relationship, look out for if your potential partner is someone who is emotionally needy or unstable.
Experts describe emotionally needy people as having the following traits;
- Minimizing or denying their needs and look to others to fill their emotional gaps and emptiness in a way that often becomes manipulative.
- Worrying about their partner’s love and ‘search out’ for all the mannerisms and nuances that might indicate that their partner doesn’t love them. E.g When he/she is always asking if you love them and always assuming that you don’t.
- Emotionally overwhelmed and will reach out and ‘need’ their partner more to make them feel secure or constantly remind them of how they feel.
- Insecurity and oversensitivity to any slight. i.e People who get angry at the slightest provocation.
These attitudes will leave you emotionally tapped out and overwhelmed and might make you want to end the relationship which would possibly end in them throwing tantrums and the craziness that we all never pray to meet will be on your hands.
Another way to avoid craziness at the end of a relationship is:
2) Avoid messing with people’s emotions.
Don’t date someone for 5 years and end the relationship just like that. Don’t drag a relationship on unnecessarily.
In fact, DON’T HURT PEOPLE, you never know whose mental stability you’d snap and they will go crazy on you. Treat people the way you want to be treated.